Friday, September 21, 2007

....Really Off the Wagon

151.5 when I woke up...

I'm not really sure about the psychology of it. I don't know if, because of yesterday, I was just like, "oh well...might as well", or I was just feeling lazy or what. But today I really broke the rules!

I slept until the last possible moment this morning because I woke up at 3:30 am (don't ask...you all are going to be convinced that I am a total insomniac after following this blog) and didn't get to sleep again until 7 am and had to be to work at 8:30. Why bother sleeping at all, right?

I was totally in bed until 8:15! Good thing I'm 10 minutes from work, right?

I threw on some clothes, slapped my hair in a bun, and headed out the door at 8:25. Really.

Even though I totally didn't have time for it, I stopped at the corner and bought a large coffee, loaded it with way too much cream and sugar and bought a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit. I know...it's shameful and that's not even all.

Dad has been wanting to take me out to lunch and I've been turning him down on account of the supposed diet. I really wanted to go, but I was trying to be good. After yesterday and this morning, I was really just like: screw it! Sure! Let's eat!

We went to a Mediterranean restaurant. I was looking at the menu and I was torn. There were several nearly guilt-free choices. The vegetarian platter with hummus, spinach, mushrooms, olives, and tomatoes served with grilled pita bread looked really, really good. Part of me really wanted that.

But, then...I have this thing for kabobs....

On the menu there was a beef kabob that came with rice pilaf. Now, I knew what I should order, but did I?

Not at all.

I did request the grilled vegetables from the vegetarian platter on the side, and they were really good. As was the kabob, but I have not been eating beef and it kind of laid in my stomach like a rock and made me feel sluggish. I was unhappy later and not on account of the potential weight gain. It just didn't sit well. Let that be a lesson to me, right?

But that's not all.

Dad ordered key lime pie for dessert. I don't even like key lime pie that much. I never buy it out because a lot of restaurants serve something that seems like they made it from a Jello mix. Not worth it.

So...his pie comes out and he's really enjoying it, and I ask for a bite.

It was looking so appetizing, sitting there on the plate drizzled with raspberry, caramel, and chocolate sauces...mmmm....

It is the best key lime pie I have ever tasted.

Really, not just because it was forbidden.

It is one of my father's favorites and he orders it often and he said it was the best he'd had in years. I lusted after his until it was gone....fighting the impulse to order my own slice.

....And then I gave into temptation....

It was so very, very good. It was so good, I didn't even feel guilty.

I did decide on the spot that I would have to go super-light at dinner.

I went for an in-between retite this evening and there is a GNC up the street from my consultant's house. I ordered a 20 oz. smoothie and drank half. That was essentially my dinner.

I did a lot of running around (driving, actually), scouting locations. By the time I got home it was dark and I was tired. No exercise today.

I am in fear of what the scale will say tomorrow.

No comments: