Thursday, September 20, 2007

Off the Wagon...

150.5



So the day started out well. I had a granola bar and yogurt for breakfast, and a nice salad for lunch, but, here's what happened....



I signed up to proctor a practice LSAT for the test prep company from 6 - 10pm. In the meantime, my co-worker got word that her mother in Florida was dying, so that meant I had to work from 7:30 to 5 at the real estate school....Yep, essentially a 15 hour day.



I packed a sensible breakfast and lunch and planned to buy dinner at a healthy restaurant on the college campus. Well...I got there and found that said restaurant closes at 2 pm. It was 5:30. I'd only ever been there for breakfast and lunch, so I had no idea....never paid attention to the hours of operation. I had a coupon and everything. I had really been looking forward to it and was quite disappointed.



So...my new options were burger and fries or chinese take-out.



I went for the chinese takeout, regretfully. I ordered sweet and sour chicken with fried rice and two egg rolls. I know. I know. Even at a chinese restaurant, I could have ordered something that was not fried and vegetarian. I used the fact that the healthy choice restaurant was closed as an excuse to cheat and I totally own up to that.



So... I ate something fried and I ate meat, and I felt guilty the entire time....but it was good.



Y'all know what I mean...Sometimes you cheat and you feel that much worse because the food isn't even that special. Who ever broke down and bought french fries, but they were soggy or too salty or rubbery and you couldn't even enjoy them but you ate them anyway because they were there...? Or whatever you ordered was just not fresh or well-seasoned.



My sweet and sour chicken was perfection! It was hot and fresh and delicious and if I was going to cheat with chicken and rice, it was totally worth it.



And here's what else...I was at Furman University. It is a beautiful campus that is designed for walking. You can't drive around if you want to - only on the perimeter. Well, I managed to keep forgetting things at my car that was an 8 minute walk from the classroom where I was proctoring. (I'm still not sure if I was subconsciously trying to compensate for the cheating or if I was really just that absent-minded. I am a little sleep-deprived this week.)



Anyway, I made the trip a total of 4 times. And I did decide to power walk it, partly to make it count and partly because I had time constraints. So, even though it wasn't planned or structured exercise, I did walk for 32 minutes today! We also got several big deliveries at work, so I spent a lot of time lifting and bending and streching and hauling...things I do not ordinarily do. I suppose it has to count for something.

No comments: