Sunday, September 16, 2007

Dangling Carrots

150.0

I would have liked to exercise today. I'm teaching a class on Sundays from 4:00 - 6:30. I dislike it because of the time. It's awkward for dinner. I attend religious services from 1:00 to 3:00, which is also awkward for lunch. I don't really have an opportunity to sit down and have a home-cooked meal on Sundays.

I had a smoothie again for breakfast and the same omelet for brunch. I can eat the same meal for two or three days in a row if it's something I like and not be bothered about the lack of variety. I'm weird like that, but it comes in rather handy when I am trying to cut calories. I don't have to keep coming up with new low-cal menus to stave off boredom.

I had soup for lunch and packed yogurt for a snack to eat during my 10 minute class break, but I was still very hungry when I got home. I ate a Lean Cuisine for dinner because I was too tired and hungry to cook anything fresh.

....and I'm Still feening for that chocolate cake!

I bought a mini-cake at the grocery store the other day before I recommitted to my weight-loss program. It's four servings and I ate one. 290 calories in a serving roughly the size of a cupcake. It was so rich and delicious...

I would absolutely love to have another piece right now, but what I decided to do the other day after the relapse where I bought it and ate the first piece was freeze it.

I've given myself four months to lose this 40 lbs.

I'm trying to go 30 days without giving in to my cravings for french fries, candy bars, doughnuts, ice cream, or cake. (There's a Krispy Kreme and a Dunkin' Donuts in walking distance of my house! KK makes the best glazed donuts in America and DD's cake donuts rule!) If - no, when I do - I will reward myself with one serving of cake at the end of 30 days.

It's my dangling carrot. When I want to give in to a craving, I will remind myself of my incentive and that I must earn it. It's not cheating if I earn it by watching what I eat and exercising and reaching my 30 day goal (10 lbs!). If I relax and treat myself that one day, then I won't feel so deprived, and since it will be only one rich dessert in one day out of 30, it shouldn't negatively impact my weight loss, and yet, it is a reward and something to look forward to.

I suppose I could have exercised today with the time I spent blogging, but it's Sunday and I want to be lazy and turn in early. I was up late last night/this morning ('til 5:30 a.m.), so I kind of need to go to bed now if I expect to be any good at work tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Organik Beauty said...

Hey lady! Thanks for your comment...being from the south I definitely FEEL you on KK! It's the bomb! I gave myself a high five for actually eating something edible and healthy...a tofu stirfry...beleive it or not it was good! Well good luck on the weight loss!

http://www.organikbeautyweightloss.blogspot.com/