Thursday, October 2, 2008

Is Colon Detox Hype?

Have any of you seen that infomercial, "Is Colon Detox Hype?"

As is the nature of infomercials, it comes on in the wee small hours of the morning.

I've seen it many times and for months now. Haven't watched it all the way through, mind you, only flipped through and listened briefly to parts 2 and 3 minutes at a time. Also the nature of infomercials.

Come to think of it, I probably saw it for the first time 2 years ago.

Well, back at the beginning of August I actually went so far as to log-on to the website to see how much it costs. It was in the neighborhood of $150. So I said to myself: No. Not at this time.

I have tried various cleanses and detox programs over the years and all of them work to varying degrees which are mostly dependent on how closely you follow the instructions.

I've found that powders you mix in drinks are usually more immediately effective than pills, but pills are easier to take and more portable, so that's a trade-off you make. Even though I like the more instant effect of powder-based programs, they are a pain on account of the convenience issue and they never taste good!

So... as much as I value the effects, I never complete a 30-day program because I give up on account of one or both of those factors. (Convenience/portability and taste/thickness.)

I saw the infomercial again about three weeks ago and decided to call.

You know they always say you'll get some special price if you call now!

So I did.

It was probably 3 am and the order-taker I spoke to had a bad attitude and would not divert from her script. All I wanted to know was the special price and she insisted in trying to take me through a series of questions about whether I wanted weight loss and how much and if I'd ever tried to detox before - yada-yada-blah-blah.

When I finally got her to tell me the 'special' price - it was exactly the same price listed on the website. Not special at all!

I was completely fed up, so I promptly hung up!

And that was the end of that. (Or so I thought.)

Roughly a week later I got a call around 7 pm from a friendly sales rep. She asked if I had called recently and what had been my experience and why I hadn't ordered.

I explained that the combination of bad customer service and lack of special had completely turned me off.

I have to give my girl Jennifer her props and the company as well for having a good follow up program.

She offered me the same original package for $50 off and threw in some freebies. She listened respectfully to my complaints. She stayed on the phone with me for about 15 minutes and answered all of my very detailed and somewhat repetitive questions. It was an entirely pleasant experience and I placed an order at the end of the call.

It finally came today! (I say that like it's been a long time. It hasn't. I'd say 7 - 14 days. I can't remember when I placed the order - oh, wait - it's on the invoice: 9/18, so, yeah - two weeks.)

You take the pills with meals - breakfast, lunch or dinner - pretty much whichever two of those three works for you. The kit came this afternoon around 4 pm, so I'm going to start fresh with breakfast in the morning.

This is merely one element of my new eating and exercise plan.

I'm going to try harder to stick to the plan and put forth more effort to blog about it regularly, but y'all know me. We'll see how it goes....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Purchasing memory is such a big hassle... You have to search online for prices, sort through which ones are genuine, go out to a bunch of shops,compare prices, finally buy your memory, and then constantly pray that the price doesn't fall in the next 2 weeks or so.

I've been done in by crazy price changes in the past... especially this one time when I bought a Micro SD card for my R4 gaming flash card at what was apparently a bargain price, only to later see that it had dropped five bucks in a week.

(Submitted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://will-the-r4-r4i-work.wetpaint.com/]R4i[/url] SKu2)

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can phrase that I agree with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is stationary a definitely as you did in the downgrade efflux of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=mmshall video audio converter 2.12.166 ?
I noticed the axiom you have not used. Or you partake of the pitch-dark methods of promotion of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg