Friday, October 3, 2008

Dual Action Cleanse - Day 1

I have to wonder how much difference there is between brands, but a common theme that makes sense is this: they all claim to work better if you reduce your intake of fried foods and starches - foods that 'gum up the works' like bread and cheese - and concentrate on fruits, vegetables and other foods that are raw or high in fiber content. They also encourage you to stay away from sugar, caffiene and alcohol.

Today was my first day and I started off ok in the morning, but before the day was done I gave in to a craving for french fries (fried starch, no less) and I found a Snickers bar while cleaning up (it was at the bottom of a basket of clothes - go figure - I don't even remember buying it, but it couldn't have been more than 2 months ago - a little behind on folding the laundry - yeah....).

Anyhow, I felt like I had four options 1)Put it in the freezer and save it for later when the cleanse is done. 2) Eat part of it now. 3) Eat all of it now. 4) Throw it away.

If I put it in the freezer I felt I ran the risk of breaking down and eating it somewhere in the middle of the cleanse. Better to 'set myself back' at the very beginning than somewhere in the middle, right?

I chose 2) eat part of it now...which became 3) eat all of it now. But then it was gone and could no longer tempt me.

I know, such unhealthy patterns of thinking have gotten me exactly where I am today.

That is why I am trying to blog about it, in the hopes that seeing it in writing and knowing that others are reading it will help me to reset my thought patterns.

We'll see...

As for the cleanse, I did follow the regimen of taking the pills and drinking the water as directed.

You never see results the first day anyhow. It's just a foundational sort of thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our digestion is so very important for obvious reasons of being able to absorb nutrients from food into the body. The toxins that build up in the colon inhibit that process and need a little help being removed with a good colon cleansing product. It’s important to find a product that actually works and will be healthy for you.

There is alot more of info that you would find really useful right at our site with relevant information about dual action cleanse