Friday, February 24, 2012

BistroMD - Post 3

Today is going to be my first full day on the plan.

Ideally you eat breakfast, lunch and dinner augmented by a few sensible snacks.

My meals were delivered yesterday afternoon by FedEx and I had so much eagerness and anticipation, I couldn't wait. I ate my first dinner last night. I was curious about the flavor and the portion sizes.

I was not disappointed on either count.

I just enjoyed my third meal: Pork Tenderloin in Asian Plum Sauce. It was very delicious. It's a good thing it's portion controlled. I would have had seconds, not because I'm hungry - strictly because it was so tasty. That sauce is something special!

I'm happy to say that I am completely satisfied and not hungry at all.

I'm only on my first day, but already this new eating plan is helping.

When I was healthier and thinner before, I had a better natural sense of when I was full and when to stop eating. Since my initial weight gain five years ago, I've lost all concept of feeling full at the appropriate time.

I frequently overeat and feel bloated and over-full and sluggish shortly after.

I still don't eat exceptionally large portions, but I do eat larger portions than one should for a person my height who wants to maintain a healthy weight of 110lbs.

Looking at how much I'm eating now on this plan, and acknowledging the fact that I feel completely full and satisfied at the end of every meal, and comparing my current doctor-assigned portions to my previous self-assigned portions, I would estimate that I have been overeating by 50% - 75% at every meal.

I hadn't realized.

This has really been an eye-opener!

I raved about last night's dinner. I was less thrilled about this morning's breakfast.

Spinach Ricotta Crepe w/Turkey Sausage and Roasted Sweet Potato Cubes: I'm used to having crepes with some kind of sauce - they were ok, but they seemed like they needed a little something extra. I felt the same way about the potatoes. I like the natural flavor of sweet potatoes, but these seemed like they could use additional seasoning - and not just ordinary salt.

No comments: