Saturday, September 19, 2009

Body Combat

195.5

And today I tried Body Combat.

Here is a fun review (bad spelling and grammar aside) I read before I actually attended a class myself.

I enjoyed Body Pump immensely and was looking forward to another class that I could add to my list.

But I've got to say that I did not enjoy it at all. I am not a fan.

It seemed like it would be fun, but I started and I realized that I don't enjoy punching, kicking and jumping. I really like Turbo Jam, so it seemed like it would be close enough. Martial arts inspired workout, boxing-inspired workout. They do share many of the same elements.

But it's weird, I like punching the air and doing jabs in combination with moves that are kind of dance-based. I don't actually like hitting and kicking a bag or pillar. I don't enjoy making contact. It's jarring. And I'm really not an aggressive person. I don't like fighting and hitting. I never have.

And there were lots of squats.

And jumping.

Did I say there was jumping?

Too much jumping. The girls were not happy. My bra was not giving me the support I needed for all of that jumping. It was just not fun at all. I was going to stick it out for the hour, but I decided ten minutes in that it just wasn't worth the discomfort and overall dislike.

I left the classroom and finished out the hour on the treadmill. I could observe the rest of the class from the cardio room and there was nothing they did during the rest of the session that even remotely looked like anything I would have enjoyed. I actually would have rejoined the class in progress if there were segments that appealed to me.

Nope. Nada.

So, I don't consider myself a quitter. I tried it once and it's just not for me. It won't grow on me. It's just not my fitness flavor. There are enough other options that I don't even have to force myself to do something that I hate.

I plan to do Body Pump again tomorrow though.