Friday, January 30, 2009

Phil and Amy

Did I mention that I'm a huge fan of The Biggest Loser?

I think I did, but I have hundreds of drafts that never made it to post....still gotta do something about that, but not today.

Anyhow, I have always enjoyed the show, since the beginning and before I was fat myself. While I am not a huge fan of reality tv like 'Real Chance of Love', I have always enjoyed makeover shows of all types. There's something amazing about before and afters, whether it's a home renovation, a fashion consultation, or extreme weight loss.

I especially enjoyed the recent season of TBL because Phil and Amy are from Greenville. (Although, truth be told, I spent a lot of my time rooting for Michelle and Renee.)

Phil and Amy spearheaded a 90 Day Fitness Challenge complete with regular weigh-ins and a daily newsletter. It was a sidebar in this newsletter that inspired me to join TNT.

A funny thing has happened as I approach my 2 year anniversary. I am much less concerned about my locks on a daily basis. I was never really inclined to take pictures. Y'all know this... but I made myself do it earlier on to track changes and growth. And am glad I did it.

However with the start of my business and the fact that I have to keep starting over with my weight loss goals (for various reasons) I have decided that I will post more regularly to this blog in the coming months until I reach my goal.

I want to weigh 110 lbs by May 31 when I participate in the marathon.

Can I do it? Sure.

Will I do it? We'll see.

I intend to participate in the marathon, regardless. Unless injury or illness prevents me.

No comments: